To get began, that you must get to the privateness menu of Venmo. To do this:
- Open the app.
- Faucet the “Me” icon within the bottom-right nook of the display screen.
- Faucet the settings/gear icon within the upper-right nook of the display screen.
- Faucet “Privateness.”
There are a number of steps you’ll be able to take within the sub-menus of the privateness menu, however we’ll begin with the obvious one — altering your default privateness settings going ahead. You may choose from three choices:
- The default “Public” (described as “Seen to everybody on the web”),
- “Mates” (seen to these concerned within the transaction and people on their good friend lists) or
- “Personal” (seen solely to these concerned).
Simply faucet whichever setting you like, and from then on, you are good to go. Additionally, keep in mind no matter which choice you select, you’ll be able to at all times change it on a transaction-specific foundation on the affirmation step by tapping the place it reveals the privateness setting earlier than you full the transaction.
That stated, there’s a further choice you need to try within the Privateness menu, which is the “Previous Transactions” sub-menu beneath the “Extra” heading. After tapping “Previous Transactions,” you are given the choice of retroactively altering all previous transactions to Mates-only or Personal. Faucet the one you need, affirm, and that is it. You too can change the setting on particular person transactions by going to the transaction historical past (“Me” -> “Transactions” tab from the house display screen), tapping an entire transaction, after which tapping the privateness setting you need to alter the transaction to.
That is all there’s to it. As soon as you’ve got made these adjustments, you need not fear about them once more.