Typically, whenever you try and take away a fee technique out of your Apple ID, it’s possible you’ll obtain an error message stating your fee technique can’t be eliminated. This normally will not be the results of a glitch however somewhat sure circumstances wherein Apple must maintain a fee technique on file.
These circumstances embody recurring subscriptions, unpaid balances, and household account sharing. Within the first two instances, you possibly can take away your fee technique after canceling recurring subscriptions and paying any excellent balances you owe.
Within the case of household account sharing, you possibly can’t take away a fee technique from a shared account except you are the account organizer. Even if you’re the organizer, you can also’t take away it if another person is utilizing it to pay recurring charges. If, nevertheless, you do not need to see shared fee strategies in your Apple ID, you possibly can go away Household Sharing to take away them.
- Open the Settings app in your iPhone.
- Faucet in your Apple ID on the prime of the display.
- Faucet Household Sharing.
- In case you are a member of the shared account, faucet Go away Household Sharing, then you possibly can take away the fee technique.
- In case you are the organizer of the shared account, faucet Buy Sharing.
- Faucet Cease Household Sharing then you possibly can take away the fee technique.
Bear in mind, if a member of the family had been utilizing one in all your strategies to pay one thing, they would wish to arrange a brand new fee technique themselves.