To create a brand-new occasion that features journey time, do the next on an iPhone or iPad:
- Launch the Calendar app.
- Faucet the plus image on the prime of an iPhone or iPad display.
- Sort in a Title for the occasion.
- Faucet the Location or Video Name area to incorporate a bodily deal with for the occasion or the choice to FaceTime, if the assembly is occurring remotely.
- Select a begin and finish time for the occasion’s period.
- Faucet Journey Time, and allow the toggle subsequent to Journey Time.
- Choose a Beginning Location or select one of many time increments prompt.
By default, the start line of the Journey Time choice will detect your present location. No matter deal with you set on this area will mechanically decide journey time choices for driving, strolling, or taking public transit in addition to time increments between 5 minutes to 2 hours.
You possibly can technically use the Journey Time function in a calendar occasion even for those who do not put in a vacation spot within the Location area. Nonetheless, with out an precise bodily deal with, you may solely select one of many manually set time increments as a substitute of the precalculated choices primarily based in your start line.
You even have the choice of tweaking different fields within the new occasion, equivalent to setting it to repeat at your chosen interval, including it to a sure calendar (if you’re sustaining a number of), together with invitees, organising an alert, and including attachments and different notes. As soon as you’ve got positioned all of the related info, faucet Add to avoid wasting the occasion.
Do word that for those who select the “All-day” choice and do not outline a begin and finish time for the occasion, the Journey Time function might be disabled.